The 2021 Florida Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday is happening again this year fromJuly 31 – August 9, 2021. Plus, Island Water Sports and Boca Surf and Sail have teamed up to offer you even deeper saving as your kids head back to school.
No longer just a tax free weekend in Florida – it has been expanded to 10 days!
Here are the important details for the 2021Back to School Sales Tax Holiday in Florida:
Begins on Saturday, July 31, 2021 at 12:01 a.m.
Ends on Monday, August 9, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
WHAT IS TAX-FREE?
- Clothing, footwear, and certain accessories selling for$60 or less per item (Clothing, wallets, or bags, including handbags, backpacks, fanny packs, and diaper bags. Excludes briefcases, suitcases, and other garment bags)Note this is ANY item of clothing on the allowed list, including clothing and footwear for adults.
- School uniforms less than $60 per item
- Certain school supplies selling for$15 or less per item
- Included items:pens, pencils, erasers, crayons, notebooks, notebook filler paper, legal pads, binders, lunch boxes, construction paper, markers, folders, poster board, composition books, poster paper, scissors, cellophane tape, glue, paste, rulers, computer disks, protractors, compasses, and calculators
- Miscellaneous items that are NOT included:printer paper, white-out type products, masking tape
- The first $1,000 of the sales price of personal computers or personal computer-related accessories purchased for noncommercial home or personal use.
The Department of Revenue publishes a full list of eligible items each year – click here to check for the full list.
WHAT IS ON SALE?
Save on These Items the Weekend of July 31 - Aug 1
- All Nixon 22% off (15% + 7% sales tax)
- Arcade belts 22% off (15% + 7% sales tax)
- Stance socks buy 2 get 1 free (red line only)
- Women’s denim 22% off (15% + 7% sales tax)
- IWS buffs buy 1 get 1 free
- Mens walk shorts 27% off (20% + 7% sales tax)
- Quiksilver/Roxy footwear 27% off(20% + 7% sales tax)
- Buy 2 get 1 free all clearance items